Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fasting - The No Burger Lifestyle

Until I was about 7 years old, I pondered "What is fasting". Then when I was 7 1/2, I realized it was simply starving yourself so you can be hungry at the end of the 40 days and to impress others (the Food Channel was the only station on tv at the time, except for the blurry Dr. Phil). Anyway, now my 10 year old mind is racing around thinking "Is that really all there is to it?". I don't think so . I mean, come on here, who are we trying to impress. I guess i am trying to convince myself of this.



And to An open letter to Mr. Louis Engle

Dear Mr. Engle,


Why has the number '40' come t0 your mind while thinking about a fast?
I think there was a reason God called it a Fast. Using it's original definition "Fast" means 'quick' or 'quickly paced'. I do not think 40 days is using its original meaning of the word.

Sincerely,
Grayson Bohlender

3 comments:

asdj said...

40 days for 40 years - In 1967, the Hippe movement was birthed, thus initiating a mass rebellion across America. That's what the Call is about.

plus, there are a ton of definitions for 'fast'. Brittanica defines 'fast' as 'to obstain from all or some kinds of food or drink, especially as a religious observance.'

so that's why 40 days, and that's why fast. (check out more @ http://fastandpray.com)

Grayson said...

'Minor Details

Tracie said...

Jackson must you be so literal?
Really I like the pun, let's just enjoy the humor momentarily.. a "40 day Quick"... It is kind of a contradiction! I'd have to agree!

Let's hope it does this boys.. let's pray it QUICKENS our hearts to know Him more!

Sorry just being a dorky teacher type!